Re: I invoke the Great Compromise

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_gSonmBbDdhCMH36LGDu0WEs2OL4J00eKeEPTYFJfNVu714vXBV-hQ8sTs6mecvkgYR>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:40:10 +0100

For what i am concerned (i know that my personal opinion doesn´t count, but i tell you anyway):

I think that the cover looks interesting, but for a generic game system i would have used something different.
If i would know nothing of HeroQuest and would see a book with this cover on the shelve of a store i would say: "Nice cover artwork, but i am not interested in playing in a gameworld with martial artists and musketeers fighting robots."

If i would be publishing HeroQuest the main rulebook would be Glorantha only, and then i would publish a generic version of the rules. (That worked once before: RuneQuest and Basic RolePlaying!)

If i would be publishing HeroQuest as a generic system, suitable for all settings, i would make that intention clearer with another cover... unfortunately the best way to present that was already used...for the new edition of Chaosiums Basic RolePlaying.

HeroQuest (HeroWars that was) was published at all to give Glorantha a new game system. Now Glorantha will become one out of many settings for HeroQuest.

I am personally by far more interested in Glorantha than in ANY game system (RQ or HQ or whatever).

Only my two cents (totally personal opinion, not meant to be the official opinion of The Chaos Society).

But i look forward to see HQ2 published (and a lot of Gloranthan supplements along with it).

Cheers

André

.