Re: I invoke the Great Compromise

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_FmFnX4RcJvPg0AX1pANe2X2PkIKuoVLFf5G2QaRc35XALru3OzcjgSaLZUQjqkk9c6>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:55:58 +1100

I think the cover gives off a heavy TORG vibe. For me, that's not a bad thing!

I think if the book is titled well (HeroQuest still seems to conjure up fantasy motifs - to say nothing of
fantasy-with-nifty-plastic-miniatures motifs - for many people) with it's identity as a genreless or "any genre" or "cross genre" type game then the cover really works.

I personally like it a lot and find the image very striking! I start a bit of a conversation about it on a local (to Canberra) forum where people discussed their views of its pros and cons. It did seem that many of the opinions there are inadvertantly echoed here.

--
John Machin