Re: Good bye

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_MGs2dQkXzXvwXT6m6TiHYgtWxNAmFg6HOyGusXuU4dc3GTDhxjc9423Ae2lVdVdXte>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:02:22 +1100

What most surprises me about the publication strategy is that the Glorantha community seemed to really on the ball with the "indie distribution model" through the GTA.

What happened to that?

I've said on this list earlier, and without reply, that the communications strategy of the people who produce this material and the ways in which interest is gauged and books funded seems utterly bewildering to me - and that perhaps some clues could be taken from the Ransom Model or the ways in which various other indie game creators get their products out.

Because, I'll tell you all right now, I would have pre-ordered the LotW books by now if I could have done so. Same for the next edition of the HQ rules. Same for the next book about the Lunar or Solar Empires. Or the Carmanians. I'm less excited by new Sartarite stuff only because I've already two *incredible* books about them.

--
John Machin