Re: Playing Heroquest again: some questions

From: David Dunham <david_at_REuJo6pBLA6amZWKLLIjkF5qipWyyS2gk_8dVWnx6XKDFGxkxMry8mODwA46sm6dldW6hd>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:23:25 -0700

Chris

Good to hear of a new game starting!

>Secondly, Equipment. Where is it? I kept flipping through the book, and
>the index helpfully has Armor (See Equipment) Equipment does not appear
>in the index though!

The basic idea is that equipment is very seldom a story element. Heroes don't prevail because they have cuirboilli rather than leather armor. In general, you can assume that characters have appropriate equipment. Any exceptional equipment is noted as an ability, and can be used either directly or to augment.

>No idea if this SHOULD work in Glorantha, but hey it
>suited my story and I did not have much time to look it up, so I
>just went with what worked for the story - after all the whole story
>grew out of that fumble, and was therefore improvised.)

YGWV. And the driving story element in my game came about due to interpreting a fumble. Sounds like you have MGF down.

--

David Dunham