Re: Playing Heroquest again: some questions

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_KNnxv9ffsrdeYJX8qfwClSFyGahQf9E-h13iDMciieUElSUaunkt6b7B-u7YbJeGSWm>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:27:55 -0000

> The basic idea is that equipment is very seldom a story element.
> Heroes don't prevail because they have cuirboilli rather than
> leather armor.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I also think that real life classical heroes (say bronze age Greece) tended to be the guys with excellent quality panoplies of full armour and great equipment. The wealthy, well armed and armoured nobility will have been the people who are seemingly invincible, and can cut down 30 people in a single battle.

I like to have some of that reflected in my Glorantha as well... but then again I'm a fan of a very low tech glorantha were good equipment is rare and random guy in the fyrd / dara-happan infantry has a lick of paint on his shield, a leather helmet and a spear. :)

  -Adept