Appearance of Irensavalists of Loskalm and Rokari Seshnelans

From: Terra Incognita <inarsus-ferilt_at_HkUZOZ2xs6YS07VV2wt0cj9ySFgkX_hMe-KwSh0_JVeNuyWYJDphPszHK_8V5>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:53:03 +0900

Appearance of Irensavalists of Loskalm and Rokari Seshnelans

Hello there. May I ask you some questions about the topic above? I want to know how to draw Malkioni in illustrations.

>Jamie

Still not published Heroes of Malkion....Since I read the first draft of 'Sorcerer Knight' treating 3rd Age Loskalmi with HeroWars rule in 2001 (1). I suppose you have rewritten and changed it several times with great patience. I suppose some of gloranthaphiles wonder about their appearance and attitude to outsiders. Symbols and costumes is influenced from their religion and philosophy. But I don't want to dig up their depths but their superficial appearence here. They are warerans (except Pithdarans) as well as many Lunars and Orlanthi.....

  1. Loskalmi

You in the draft:
<<Artistic note: I'm envisaging late 15th/early 16th century north European clothing here - JKR>>

Is there any change of your idea above?

I assume many of them are well-off looks benefited from Syndics Ban. (and some of them show deep xenophobic attitude and mistrusts to outsiders.)

2: Seshnelans
Is there any distinct difference between the appearnce of Seshnelans and Loskalmi which can be distinct even from POV of perfect outsiders like Sartari?

What I know little about is that except Hero Quest Voices and past GAG supplements, they(2) lost much of 2nd Age luxury and glory, current Seshnelans have limited resources except the people of upper class, Quinpolic League might have been relatively wealthy from trade. In Ye Booke of Tentacles #6, some image of 2nd Age Middle Sea Empire citizens (drawn by Dario Corallo) appeared, even if it is official...

I assume Current expansionist policy might be a mimic of 2nd Age costumes even if it is a rediculous attitude from the POV of outsiders.

3: Symbols
Loskalmi are Irensavalists....it might mean that they are "Gnostics" though I don't know what it means. It might mean that there are many symbolic condemnations to "evil demiurge of God Learners and Southerners".

Symbol of Flamesword is another interesting topic, for that is a symbol of Return to Righteous Crusade (and the royal blood of Hero-King Gerlant(3)) It symbolizes that Rokari are still supporters of Abiding Book.

But sorry, I didn't intend to dig up depth here. But I am welcome if you show me your thinking about it.

(1)Still MRQ supplements about MSE have been printed.

(2)If I can call them Seshnelans ignoring the protests from Castle Coastans, it's ironic is that this 'upstart and heir of Lions and Vampires' tanisorians call their kingdom that of Flamesword.

(3)Greg inserted some interesting idea in MSE. The lineage of King Gerlant ceased to exist after Prince Trymir, and the paganistic lineage of King Saval (derived from 1st Age Demigod Damol) occupied the imperial throne of MSE until Luatha destroyed the old Seshnela.

Sincerely:
Terra Incognita