Re: Electronic publishing (am I alone?)

From: L C <lightcastle_at_PwDlrzVUwA4hn55t83dmyNkScexJCT5HycaVf2vx8ARz_I4-O5PrbiKDurLXW4xF>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:11:00 -0400

ttrotsky2 wrote:

>It's certainly worth trying, IMO.
>Whether it will work in the long run, who can say?
>I fear that a pure PDF route is more likely, in the end - although,
like you, I can't say I'm *happy* about that prospect.

I do think a market for getting things printed will exist, but it may be that the game publishers just leave that to the individuals who want it.

>It may turn out that it's that or nothing... but, for the meantime,
something half-way like John suggests should hopefully be seriously considered as an option.
>(Not that I have any say in the matter myself, of course).

I think the half-way thing is worth stabbing at.

>The danger, I suspect, is that MD just keeps on trying to do what it's
always done - which clearly isn't working, especially for the non-Dragon Pass books.
>For the rulebooks, sure, publish them by the standard route; the Pavis
and Sartar books too, probably.
> But with the others, with sales as small as they apparently are, it's
got to be at least worth trying *something* different. Which is unfortunate, but may also be Real Life.

Could be.
LC