On the subject of Glorantha & computer games

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_PSdV6Wpg4k9dtb2tFvzrewVu2u74JgtnShYMMvUmdRceagamHLR3rcHXpHLaw2nfB2R>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:30:35 -0000

I'm a fan of Dwarf Fortress, and it's an extremely moddable game.

(there's a great graphics packaged version of the latest release here: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.htm )

Anyway, about the modding. Since those wacky dwarves with their odd psychology (Bad thought!) are so like the mostali anyway, I'd like to try making a Glorantha themed mod some day.

I don't have the free time yet, but if we could get a handful of people to share the workload with, it shouldn't be that hard.

It would be nifty to get raided by trolls & trollkin, broo and telmori, and accosted by creatures like wild tuskers, wyverns and other Glorantha appropriate foes.

One can even mod in some magic (for the enemies of course) if one is feeling really adventurous.

Basically, tone down the tech level of the enemies (bronze!) and change some stuff, and we should be feeling right at home.

It would also be a nifty advert for Glorantha among the Dwarf Fortress crowd.

  ***

We now return to our regular World of Glorantha programming,

  -Adept