Re: The thing with goats

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_hbSCVH_kcmc5Vb3sE0BcW6fOwmdG8I8-pqFbd0niO7oLSLGppIDxgBhFyTxZd7kA>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan, responding to me:
> > Also, Orlanth is sometimes a ram.
> As is Heler!

Sure, but Heler's the other kind of sheep. That explains everything, right?

IMG, all the storm gods have some kind of connection to a horned grazing beast. For me, Humakt has a deer-headed shape. (What's the name of that Celtic deer-headed death-god? Like that.) Storm Bull has a different head, depending on which Praxian tribe worships him. As the Orlanthi Urox, he has a bovine head. (I'd have said "bull's head," but that's ambiguous as to what animal I mean). My only problem with all of that is that the Morocanth don't have horns. A couple possible resolutions: (a) tusks count as horns; (b) the morocanth weren't originally storm people. I like leaving that ambiguous.

And, to avoid that old chestnut, no, I don't see a storm god with a moose-head (using moose in the North American sense).

Chris Lemens