Re: The thing with goats

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_RuvCH6Wu97vsn_rLw5JyBez82EUmL5P76hwVlLiXleaEp6jIrZLLZm9aQ1iUj4JMYHCJCO1A>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:35:55 -0000

a)I didn't think Morocanth had (particularly prominant) tusks either b)If Morocanth have an elemental affinity, surely it is with darkness rather than with storm? (God-learner taxanomy will get very confused, since they are mammalian, so "should" be storm beasts rather than the invertebrate darkness beasts*). They are also Praxian so worship Storm Bull as the Desert Wind and father of Waha! rather than Urox as the hot (tempered), dry storm, son of Umath and brother of Orlanth.

I wouldn't have thought the Human tribes of Prax think of them selves as "storm people", particularly. Monomythically if Urox is the son of Umath and Waha! the son of Storm Bull and Storm Bull is Urox, then Waha! shoule (or at least could) be counted as part of the Storm Tribe, but I don't think anyone does this? (How about the Pol-Joni. They don't ride Erithan beasts, but do they recognise Waha! in any form? ISTR they have adopted praxian exiles - do they use some link between Waha! and the Storm Tribe to achieve this, recognising him as a Thunder Brother (Thunder Cousin?))

*As an aside, is their a link between Timinits and Darkness? I don't know much about them.