Re: The thing with goats

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at__UDkZG_hJMPAal2By4ZhGcmeuxTLNNrvHUYboulCZq2IFoiRHLbWmQtzjTINJul>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:57:08 -0000

I like the storm gods connected to horned grazing beast idea, but it doesn't need to go both ways. I don't think the Morocanth are the same as 'normal' Praxians in this particular instance because they did not come (IMO) with the Storm Bull and his sons to marry Eiritha and her daughters. They were on the bride side of the family that got clever in Waha's cleverness/eating grass thing. I didn't think High Llama had horns but I might be wrong about that (never got high up enough to check). One could also argue that the Morocanth should be called the Gern tribe because the tribes should be named after the herd beast rather than the protector.

> a)I didn't think Morocanth had (particularly prominant) tusks either
> b)If Morocanth have an elemental affinity, surely it is with darkness rather than with storm?

My own preferred Praxian elemental associations are: Bison - Earth
High Llama - Water
Impala - Storm
Sable - Moon or perhaps Fire/Sky
Morocanth - Darkness

So I guess I would add Goats to be the Disease herd when that is treated like an elemental power, as in Prax. Not that I would do much with that piece of speculation.

Keith