Re: The thing with goats

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_vr69WOqgLdZAciEZiA2uH1uLzut5LL8TdoeY2KpPA45pZM119y0gZMo_2KJBlyFDKJBP>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:58:49 -0500

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Tim Ellis <tim_at_BZ9VyYD6Dwzj8pfi7gSZH6ioQ0G8NOOIAhpOujR9V1uZlmZ14nHRNwqtyZBuMevI2QG785ev8blzEMv3eX6o_fQdcw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>> IMG, all the storm gods have some kind of connection to a horned
>> grazing beast.[...] My only problem with all of that is that the
>> Morocanth don't have horns. A couple possible resolutions: (a)
>> tusks count as horns; (b) the morocanth weren't originally storm
>> people. I like leaving that ambiguous.
>
> a)I didn't think Morocanth had (particularly prominant) tusks either

On a related note, there are "primitive" deer that have tusks instead of antlers - and the tusks are used for the same functions as antlers. Tapirs (some of them anyway - I'm not claiming expertise) have tusks, so perhaps Morocanths do as well - and they serve the same weapon/mating functions as horns or antlers would.