Re: The thing with goats

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_O-VllsYNx6oBP5GgFoBu0lZ1LYmBGw81FyPUujP4j8WZk2kV-1nMdAlpgsU5uDDVfISf7tZr>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:16:41 -0000

eg the Tufted Deer - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_ellis/3421881551/

> Tapirs (some of them anyway - I'm not claiming expertise) have tusks,

I'm not aware of any (but again, I'm not an expert).

There are Babirusa - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_ellis/427537854/ though they are not particularly closely related to tapirs, who have very elegant tuske (legend has it that they use them to hang from trees...). I'm wondering if, rather like the various palmetalan offshoots of the Uz family, there may be a primitve "babirusa"-like morocanth tribe living somewhere in the jungles...