Re: Ancien Régime Goats

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_RTpfes9PCaHvVx7fIAXQQUrCUwNV7120XxeCgWJUWKfTilzeUWAKNxmuKUe9jht>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 01:09:41 -0000

> I speculated once that the Morokanths are the barbers in Pavis. Think
> razors at mens' throats and unfounded tales of pie shops (and barber
> shop quartets).

I like the idea, especially the quartets. They could worship a liitle known aspect of Waha the Barber. They could be Barberians.

> If going to the barber is a potentially terrifying experience (no
> thumbs!), think of the kudos of maintaining a smooth pate.

It explains the Pavic fashion for beards.

When I was trying to write a Praxian freeform I had in mind that the Morocanth should have mickey mouse ears, and possibly black face make up, to make them easy to identify. I also had them speaking in a psuedo-dickensian style, so they referred to Mr. Waha, and Dr. Dark Eater, for example, which I think fits with the barber shop quartet Victoriana schtick.

Keith