Re: resurrection

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_PNEMIeeh9r_jXlrO7IrPmBONXMWzUD0UeRyPQkhU7o9uBM1auj46joS4g8mQ7tC1CT3>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:29:12 -0400

I seem to recall this being the rule back in the Runequest days, but it seems a trifle mechanistic for Glorantha as she is described currently. I would guess that there are rituals to preserve the body (presumably part of the heroquest preparation), and , while there is a time limit between the death and the soul going on to its reward (which would make resurrection harder, but not necessarily impossible), that time limit is enforced more by the nature of the spiritual changes of the resurrectee, not physical decomposition of the body.

In my game, resurrection is vanishingly rare -- more or less out of the reach of the PCs and used more as a back story element for NPCs. Obviously, if you use resurrection more often, there is more need to control it, and the approach you describe makes a lot more sense.

I guess I would leave it to whatever makes the most dramatic sense, and come up with excuses/rationales/handwaving as necessary....

Peter Larsen