Re: resurrection

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_Y5O5OY67JclRgtRFuOZ5R7cZPFwhLYwKvo8p7NLuloCBhaey7VHnGVtWZefQUk_88rjdy>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:50:55 -0700

> In my game, resurrection is vanishingly rare -- more or less out of the
> reach of the PCs and used more as a back story element for NPCs.
> Obviously,
> if you use resurrection more often, there is more need to control it, and
> the approach you describe makes a lot more sense.

Don't forget that resurrection can (almost always will - player charcaters and a few heroes are the exception) have a *huge* effect on the psyche of the resurrectee - check the "re-life sickness" bit in ST 43. It's likely that your resurrectee will 1) figure they have nothing to fear and join Humakt, 2) become a pacifist and join Chalana Arroy or 3) be depressed all the time, wear black with silver jewelery, never get a tan ('cause the sun is evil, hiss), play with eyeliner, and generally be oh-so-Goth (or maybe Emo, I don't understand these kids nowadays).

RR