Aoelian Church of Heortland - MRQ

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_KgcXVa7FhHje3YA11jAaP5leLakCXYEDy--q6FcgpC_SkMAkK_u4UR7BqKfzLNksjxc>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:22:18 +0800

Just finished reading my recently arrived copy of Blood of Orlanth - thumbs up from me. However its forcing me to decide if I want to convert it to HQ(2?), RQ:AiG(My current system of choice) or tryout this magic poor MRQ. Still getting my head around the MRQ game design with the: use of 'runes' to slow down severely access to Battle/Spirit Magic; Limitation of Rune/Divine Magic; and the generally feeble npc stats in the Adventure.

Anyway, I wanted to expand the game and somehow include an Orlanthi access to sorcery thru the Aoelian church. But did it exist then? As I understand the church was conglomerate of stygian (arkati) and orlanthi left over from the Gabaji wars circa 450. BoO is set ~ 910 so it should exist but in an earlier incarnation than Joerg & Brooke/Hall versions of the 3rd age. 3rd Age ACoH is Theistic/Monotheistic conglomerate (Invisible Orlanth), persecuted by the Rokari Malkioni. Was 2nd Age ACoH of a purely Theistic Orlanthi bent with no Malkioni Taint?

Further, not sure if anyone might know, but at any stage did the Adventure allow the three points of view of the adventure to be played simultaneously?

Cheers

Sean