Re: Artwork in Heroquest 2

From: simonbrayuk_at_gaPiuV1D_LbS000_5z3pQN0fwcXPA25Vh0uSneDXqywaoFOK3q3z_JSKI9rnQmRu
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:16:34 -0400

Hi,

  If you have seen anything with the Tarshites in you will realise that the Kievan Rus metaphor has already been used in much of their design.

 Regarding artwork for the future publications.

  Heroquest 2.0 - This publication has broad genre of artwork from Aztecs to Androids, as would befit a book of its type. The project has artwork by Manoel Mahalgaes, Jon Hodgson, Regis Moulin, Will McAbrough, Jean Luc Sala and many others, there are also some older pieces that have never seen the light of day until now and are treasures that have been locked up in Greg's catacombs or hidden away in exotic manuscripts. They are all great pieces, even the ones I have drawn (LOL).   Sartar - This project has a lot of new maps on their way. Colin Driver is now in the possession of most of the maps Greg has drawn in the last 40 Years for Glorantha, he and his crack team are use these reference points and many of the more recent maps to create the definitive maps of the area. Our own Darran Sims is aiding Colin in this task. The maps will I am assured be amazing and from the preliminary sketchs I have seen they will make your mouth water.
The Orlanthi are being looked at very seriously, we want to make sure that they are right, not just Vikings and Celts, King of Dragon Pass is a great reference point, but I am looking deeper into their design. In the same way that was done with KoDP and the Orlanthi Wood Carvings. There is more research than you would imagine. We are assembling a strong team of artists for this, soem new, some old. We will let you know more and hopefully get samples up on the website soon.

Simon