Re:Grotaron sources

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_t88b-6MBAgP3HkmFIub4Fna8Zxe1LQMtuQlGGOt9eEYBi4bmQzzsrDe6s27RW2i>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 23:35:55 -0000

John Harding wrote some good stuff including:

Grotaron females...hero quest...make the beads...sorta limits the genetic diversity...they become fertile...good old days...mate with whom ever they liked... sabre tooth tiger spirt...godlearner experiment...side effect...god learner meddling...heroic grotaron...

I like your suggestions John but personally, I wouldn't want to tie the thing down to specific details until/unless I was running a Grotaron focused game. I think peoples Grotarons should vary.

If I were to expand on your ideas I might need to give the Godlearners more reason than just curiousity to experiment. They should be after something, something more important. I'd not be concerned about the genetic diversity thing - I think I'd make Grotarons immortal, not dying of old age and their total numbers rather limited. This is how their culture remains intact despite the lack of the STMM. Say they started time with 1000, or fewer, perhaps 100 Grotarons, survived the darkness. Perhaps, unchecked, that population doubles every 100 years, so by 1000ST there are a lot of Grotarons, the STMM is hunted to extinction, and things start going downhill - literally, out of the Maidstone Mountains and into the rest of the world.