Re: Initiation - Contests and Failure

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_s5r7YpLOi0PtnwnUt5anRO4c99LFnR2zLOryNGyj8xGIDBJAWDCPUitTQsgMbVHXenI3w>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 21:19:51 +0200

FWIW, I've run some initiation scenarios myself (there's one of my players here who could talk from the player's perspective ;) ). It's a campaign centered on the Greydog clan, and it started at the players initiation to adulthood. I played that first, and then indibidual initiations to their gods before starting the "usual" scenarios. The way I designed them the initiation themselves couldn't fail, but those initiations had stages, which had contests, and those contests could have any outcome. The different kind of outcomes had different consequences on the future life on the character.

Cheers,
-Sergi Dïaz