Re: Fronela, The Abiding Book, and Castes

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_Uv5AmWxOZ6fe4a6_u_Gp9qR6at4pc8ajA-lOs8MsEu3k6dZXjA7pavu72p9r-BNTmk4>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 17:28:14 -0000

As far as I know, it has been incorporated into the final draft of Heroes of Malkion. And it doesn't contradict Greg's charts (which I only managed to acquire much later), that I can recall.

> Personally, I like
> limiting the Abiding Book's influence. It was huge, it was wide, but
> tainted due to the God Learners. So everyone who even uses it now
> doesn't use the whole thing,

Not in the sense that the God Learners did, no. They may of course, claim that they use the whole of the book, and that the Middle Sea Empire added extra bits that don't count, but the MSE themselves probably wouldn't have agreed.

> Now *that* I like. That I can work with. I also seem to recall
> something
> about the Brithini being basically unchanging. Also, were caste laws
> set
> down before Time?

Before the Dawn, certainly. I think the Malkioni, like the Dara Happans, don't necessarily consider that to be the start of time as such.

> The laws
> sound unchanging because they are for an immortal people who don't
> experience Time as we do. i.e. - They were written for the wrong
> age.

Certainly, regardless of the status of time as a concept, the world was very, very, different then, and didn't have all sorts of complications that it does now. This is why there are not very many Brithini left.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/