Re: Fronela, The Abiding Book, and Castes

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_56zIqcu9j7gXCtkTUwN2sEMB5onh868viFlS0qFBG9tELDKeckYl8A60O4JZWqMDtcJ>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:41:52 -0400

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM, ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_p_1gg3nKVDrk4be_SbnK2QhB-a_83DKcy41pJ4mlsm1Af6-a55brKrwQ7b-T96lB2jfYTc3dld8NbWI0YwCVadfnXbw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > The laws
> > sound unchanging because they are for an immortal people who don't
> > experience Time as we do. i.e. - They were written for the wrong
> > age.
>
> Certainly, regardless of the status of time as a concept, the world was
> very, very, different then, and didn't have all sorts of complications that
> it does now. This is why there are not very many Brithini left.

Considering that modern Christian* sects argue about this very sort of thing *all the time,* I see no reason why similar sorts of doctrinal disputes can't be used to flavor the West. Within any of the Western cultures, I imagine there are minor local differences in interpretation of various laws and strictures, viewed with various degrees of disinterest and alarm by the centralized churches... (The priest of XYZ wear white vestments even on St Gerlant's Day! They must be heretics! Or worse....)

Peter Larsen

*And other religions as well; let us be inclusive.