Re:Grotaron sources

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_I3JMNe6EVqMJ2BkMzTM5URtPQRpy3ZjcAR8I097lCFvE3qRcgLC1TrYjs4dP1Ja>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 11:42:51 -0000

> There is no point in assuming assymetry for grotagons, especially as we've had no indication that either sex would for instance be bigger than the other.

There are some indications of assymetry - "mothers" and "great hunters" embroider scenes of the Snaggle tooth mammary monster while others embroider geometric designs. To stick with the jazz theme, I'm guessing they're the squares and the mothers and great hunters are happening, groovy dudes. Yay! Give me 15 brother!

If you value "mothers" then you presumeably undervalue non-mothers. This would be males and non-mother females. I'm not sure what the male/female size ratio might be for Grotaron, or even the population mix - we have no real data, and no one has done a census of the Maidstone Mountains since, well probably since the Voice that Lies did it in 375ST, at least, he told me he'd done a census. I like the idea that an intrepid band of Grotaron census takes could encounter a large female Grotaron and yell out "It a big mother!".

I'm intrgued by the clothing that has been featured in most Grotaron art seen so far. Huge boots - what's with that? and either ridiculous baggy striped trousers or a long dangling loincloth that makes me think they've got something extra between their legs, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean? An extra leg would be the obvious counterpart to the extra arm they have instead of a head. Makes the whole issue of birth, sex, gender, more complicated, to say the least.

There are a whole lot of more weird things to consider if one thinks about the mouth, kissing, the probably size of their tongue, how their "jaws" work (I'd go for modified ribs) where their stomach is in relation to the mouth. This leads to all sorts of speculation about where their brains might be, whether they are marsupial-like in some way (using the mouth as a pouch?), if they have hairy chests that can look like moustaches above their mouths.

I take your point that I should stop competing for females. I pretty much have in any case.

Keith