Re: Grotaron sources

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_Nj4uwRTWfG5rtyKFtoht-HtNKzAivenY88MFkJEItxiOhDWzMtKf4X55I3mcAyjtzYk8D>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 16:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

Adept ("valkoharja" <rintasaa_at_Qz3Zi1NDPnt6TC1fR0j7gpWb1z15JPkIQhhCmTuei6HapiZoLrDOi_EzH0VPdysf8w5YISVEpPCxS7uBBWWs.yahoo.invalid>) wrote:
> Modern human males often get into their heads that men compete
> for females. I recommend looking outside that very narrow and
> misleading viewpoint.

They do. However, the females are the judges, and the scoring method that the men believe is used is only tangentially related to what the females actually use, and neither side ever explains the rules to themselves or the other side. Further, some men are so invested in wrong rules that they win every contest and only reduce their score from the females. Finally, every woman has her own scoring method, and some are as disfunctional as any man's.

Thus, the male grotarons may well (officially) believe that they need to bring back the saber-toothed mountain mammoth (STMM) for the females to allow them to mate/marry, while the females may just want someone to make them laugh, and hunt enough so that they don't actually go hungry.

This leads to the obvious adventure scenario, where some grotaton females have modified their lairs so that it gives the males the impression that the STMM is there. When questing males enter, they are told the truth, that they females have been bad for misleading them so, and the male will have to "punish" them all (in some suggestive fashion) for that sin. At this point, the best grotaron hunter (called the Frequent Caster of the Long Spear, or lance-a-lot) will break in, "rescuing" the younger hunter from the terrible peril too terrible to explain and force the young hunter back into the fruitless quest for the holy grail of the STMM.

Not all of us watched Sesame Street, after all.