Re: What are the "gain feat" quests like

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_-NOiiLGr0jW5Mty9i_8_mPDUQA7PIE7TXY3M3UZoJyY62SZ9mZyUfVwn9sxarPu4s0Z>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:44:54 -0000

[Adept - seeking enlightenment]
>> Can a Storm Tribe warrior in the godworld infact throw lightning, or
>> is that a power of the few Gods that can do it?
>
> Does the above make it clear?

To me it sounded like they shouldn't be able to throw lightning, but I'll have to digest the story a bit and hope further understanding blossoms.

I'm still not clear, for instance, about what personal magic heroquesters can weild. A heroquester who is Orlanth in the quest, should probably have the command over wind and lightning even though he may not have such in the mortal world. What happens if he does and Arkat, and goes exploring? Can he explore in his identity as Orlanth, or does he explore as Harald the Heroquester with only his personal magical talents?

I'm not sure what I expect the Storm Age Vingkotlings met on a quest to be able to do. I suppose they'd be seriously tough humans, but that they wouldn't actually weild personal magics, or at least not much.

  -Adept