Re: What are the "gain feat" quests like

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_5MuqJ198vuRfUGCQSJmygOdow14F1oaUojvSQuEThEIrhq-FmwKH1kJiHOvTduHLRM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:15:14 -0000

(although even on the Gloranthan mythology it helps to have my reference books around, which I don't at the moment, so please excuse errors in the following section)

There was talk--I think in some of the HW/HQ books but certainly on the lists--of a sort of `echo' effect in heroquests. That for example where there is the quest where Orlanth (or Umath?) first takes the lightning power from Yavor (great god level). There is the quest where Yavor becomes a Thunder Brother and Elmal gives him back his javelins (lesser god level). And there will be at least one quest where some great hero gains lightning powers (demi-god/hero level). (this multi-level nature of myths was illustrated quite well, somewhere, with the various dragon slayings of Heortling myth IIRC.)

Is this still a current view of the myths, that there are generally similar myths covering the same territory, at different power levels?