Re: Runes and society

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_rL86tIZFnvaFxrxzPQjm6fzbs-ZtrdJNtI_1-NT0D5BlOpNTOdIavyNS-TmuC4OZNl>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:54:55 +1000

2009/5/21 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_YTpS1xv_i_im3J7R1uPoEXXUfkv-wNoLXNP1UbuUQyMm5NwmB9dSiE2o6jxLPhxcPKcQOlbtu2N09ay8KPOhERWaz2Y.yahoo.invalid>: <snip! - Peter's interpretations>

Thanks Peter, that's quite helpful!
I sure hope that as the guides to cultures come out there are a few examples of this sort; I think they are invaluable to me - as a (comparatively) new fan and as someone who is looking for easy ways to break Gloranthan concepts down for even newer fans (i.e. the people in my games).

Maybe something corresponding to the cultural interpretation of runic connections needs to be added to any future "What my Authority Figure tells me/ What my Religious Figure tells me" presentations?

--
John Machin