Runes and society

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_vVHiLEC85fv1_XCaz_fCduWshBX-6XUitynv7Gorp4uGn7Juzy3q6Q1RmsKvsWeSwX>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:34:07 +1000

Some of this is coming out of the talk over on HQ-Rules that has sort of ceased to be about rules and is verging into cultural and cosmological speculation.

I was wondering what do Gloranthans, from all the various cultural backgrounds, know or think they know about runes? Is it anything at all - or are the runes basically game artifacts?

I get the impression that a lot of the terminology used by the fans comes from the time when what we might now think of as Sartarite theism was the origin of a lot of the inspiration, but what do folk in other areas think about these rune things (or these things that we term runes)?

--
John Machin