Re: Runes and society

From: David Dunham <david_at_IRgZA1sEgZcnM_GllYG4l_kCJETf7lhmjhk-WmvcFJysAkTI2BzXdX9ZaZyULYHJ7QOu3l>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:22:21 -0700

John

>I was wondering what do Gloranthans, from all the various cultural
>backgrounds, know or think they know about runes? Is it anything at
>all - or are the runes basically game artifacts?

Well, they tattoo themselves with them, or otherwise use them in art.

I suspect many people don't think about their rune affinities the way we gamers do. They worship Orlanth, and favor his stormy side (or his agile side). But it is subject to analysis, and some Gloranthans do. But I think to the majority, that sort of component-based analysis is not what they do. Any more than the man on the street could tell you his blood type or Meyers-Briggs identifier. (At least, I don't know either of mine.)

(Thanks for moving the discussion to a more appropriate list, BTW.)

Peter

> >What does it mean to a Sartarite that he has Air, Death, and Mastery?
>
>The Storm is strong in me. I am born to battle and War and Havoc
>are my companions. Orlanth has destined me to be a mighty king.

Perfect.

--

David Dunham