Re: Tentacles Omega Glory

From: Jamie <anti.spam_at_rbjZaIBhnkE8TD328QreUTzMMMiXcsZ4zosRPGp-nqthFo0LsKoVL90KGRI3n469oW>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 19:53:01 -0000

And we sang to the new dawn!

So my story, drank some wonderful wine and the obligatory pork based food in town, missed the opening ceremony, turned up for the HQ2 launch. Then had a beer or two & went to "Greg's Rambling Hour", which put me in mood to ramble myself to whoever would partake (there is always someone, but we did seem to run out of people around 4.30) walked down to the town as the sun rose.

Dragged up the hill after breakfast for 12 but instead of going to anything I just watched the Rhine, awesome in the old sense of the word, will never tire of that view. Discussed various HQ and Glorantha topics like how animism might work, and how HQ has worked out for us so far, until eventually people wanted a game of something.

Dug out my newish copy of Zombie Cinema and the six of us present at the table spent the next couple of hours narrating a zombie movie about a RPG that turned people into zombies and laid waste to the convention (oh the post modern irony). Fun was had by all but six players makes the game a little too long. It was certainly full of low budget goodness however.

Next of course was drink chat and staying up far too late, but this time we made an effort to go to bed 'early' and walked to the town at around three.

Tried my hardest to get to the top of the hill for the photo, was in a few but may have missed the main picture (if I was in it I am the guy dying of dehydration and exertion at the back). Played in the Pendragon Battle and helped whip that upstart Mordred's ass.

Spent the next couple of hours trying to decide exactly what kind of mythology we would be left with if Arthur then marched into Brittany bent on vengeance and got killed by Lancelot.

Went into town and had some fresh fish and more local wine and arrived a little late at Greg's story slot, then disco for a brief period until it went a bit too gothic for me, had an argument about Heler which I think I lost, then my wife stupidly asked Nick why we were not all singing and that is where we came in.