Re: Tentacles Omega Glory

From: Henk Langeveld <henk_at_DpPqCq_GR8g3OwN07xc6crrTDooKDm-9wbgWCxc8z3kzBYGce_n8DExaapyo2dWMQr5wWlY>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:42:52 -0000

"markmohrfield":
> Well, does anyone else who attended have any tales
> for the rest of us? Or were there no other survivors?

There were survivors, definitely. Me amongst them.

I played HeroQuest with Darren Sims, in his "Supernatural" game, based on the TV series with the same name - of which I knew nothing, but it's something I may check out.

I got my hands on my own copy of HeroQuest 2, and I haven't even started in it. I regret I did not preorder the tentacles version of the Sartar book - it was supposed to not have all of the final artwork in it - but what I've seen looked perfect compared with some of the older Glorantha products in the past. I will have it, though...

Non-Gloranthan stuff included Philippe's freeform Royal Fair, Royal Fear and Greg's Battle of Camlan demo of the new battle system down in the cafeteria - Suzanne was our table's GM. The rules appear to scale well, although I keep getting confused at times about the pendragon d20 rules.

I escaped the 80s disco around 3am and made the mistake of going outside, and joined some improvised Singing along with Nick. This eventually turned into a Tentacles Wake with a handful of people in the courtyard, exchanging silly poems, songs, etc.

A good time was had by everyone...

Cheers,
Henk