Re: River of Cradles - What are Mudsharks?

From: portraitpainter71 <joegalvinartist_at_pGJw0eeG_TdRBNvRB5CgRx8L41owk8IQWUY39nAro2_7XJ-2op6P2Nka0n9S>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:12:51 -0000

Great thanks for the replies
It seems theres a general consensus on mudsharks looking like a cross between a catfish/ alligator type creature, or as jean put it "Labyrinthodontia", which is actually how I envisaged the catfish/alligator combination. Heres a link to a picture of the Labyrinthodontia on wikipedia

the http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Labyrinthodontia.jpg

The other mentioned reference looked similar but had crocodile scales on its back. Its seemed to me from the writing in River of cradles that musharks weren't supposed to be a straight forward alligator. The Labyrinthodontia seems to fit the bill much better.