Re: HQ2 and Sartar: two steps in the right direction

From: David Dunham <david_at_PQg1j3WhqibDwBmQDXloZwMctQDWS5QPFiJaXrXJ0Zi4pcPhAJSqeAekxw-IVExffYYHHq>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:13:21 -0700

Paolo on character sheets

>But this just confirms my overall comment: not for the inexperienced GM.

I don't want to belabor the point, but I think an inexperienced GM would pay close attention to p.14 and make sure her players design their own personal character sheets that are useful for them. The three example character sheets reinforce the fact that character sheets are player-specific. (And are models for a group where both GM and players are inexperienced.)

>As above: a game where you need to go to a forum to figure out how
>to play it properly is not for beginners.

I'm not entirely sure ANY RPG is for beginners.

--

David Dunham