Re: July 1st Worldwide Release of HeroQuest 2nd Edition

From: L C <lightcastle_at_6SHwXkOTZLu07CAgnZgUslRK6X2kMqlB85s6MtQnBKmiin5YfSmJlCms64_dEvGz>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:34:02 -0400

donald_at_cxbyiWoKyeALtRob2rQyGn4f-BmMpHxiGM8U3RGBFmObQJcGjBDSjIGsHzxtSGqZJNM66uHCYFtq27sZ2RBFPi7yvA.yahoo.invalid wrote:

>It sounds like the big US distributors have a proper system for
>handling pre-order information to assess demand which does not
>appear to be true for the UK.

Well, considering I remember ILH 2 appearing on their ordering chart, but the distributor refusing to ship it to them, I'm not sure it actually *works* :)

>However I suspect it concentrates on the major publishers products.
>Publishers who have a production schedule which they keep to fairly
>well and a marketing department who push information at them on a
>regular basis. Neither of which applies to Moon Design. Of course
>that has a converse effect of delaying publication even more. A delay
>of a year or even two from completion to publication is not uncommon.

So I should assume HQ2 will not be available in any US store, or I have to make the store order it from you, and should probably just order it directly from you instead?

LC