Re: Annilla in the 2nd Age

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_4BE_IXPmUxdgIQwxEPFUweHHg4ssMQ4dp7j5GlgUrPkrge9do_5qd9-xpKaLpoOSVJU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:35:43 +1200

At 11:29 a.m. 10/06/2009, you wrote:
> I used a lot of the vague references - Mostal of the Flesh for
> example - as specific things in my game, and the player characters
> escaped from Hell using a Blue Moon Heroquest path.

IMO the Rat with Hands refers to rat-people in ralios (think warhammer's Skaven).

The Snake with Fur and Legs refers to some Hsunchen which is long, thin, furry with legs and has a snake-like tongue. Anteaters in other words. They probably live in the Pamaltelan Veldt.

Orlanth the Bandit is a confusing title because Orlanth is intrinsically a god of bandits. Either it isn't Orlanth or it isn't a Bandit. A possibility could be
Kahar, a Storm Deity and Ancestor of the Zabdamar.

Mostal of the Flesh is an interesting one since dwarves are fleshy, no? But Mostal is the world machine and the world machine has no flesh? But there is a reference to the Flesh-Machine in the context of the Machine City! Obviously Zistor is an enemy of the Blue Moon.

--Peter Metcalfe

Mostal of the Flesh