Re: Gone West?

From: frank_rafaelsen <frank_rafaelsen_at_rfeW_g3ygehEv69_I8kW-evbRXXKw8iptRPu29eF5Ky4FEmLvCZDg6S6sf4v>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:26:49 -0000

> The risk is that this would cannibalise sales of the final product, and even then a PDF product still requires resources to produce.

Yes that is the risk. But you could also end up selling the product twice. I just figured, that since Moon Design need money to produce books and can't guarrantee anyting before they have published at least four more books, it could be an easy way generate income. Perhaps not as much as they would genereate in two, three years. But at least they would have it now.

Heck, they could publish the books in pdf now with the HQ1 rules and save the HQ2 rules and artwork for the dead tree release. Anyway, a lot of people buy both the pdfs and books of the same product.

And I realise that even producing a pdf costs money. While I don't know how finished the manuscripts actually are, but I get the impression that a couple of days work on lay out and a clip-art cover would go a long way.

But yeah, this was the idealist in my thinking out loud