Re: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_s9RUk0WfFmX5Rbfcl6cEBTNWNaBCnvnaEpTpTvqWweyN0Y9AWY1UvuXxSYLwwJqQ>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:32:27 -0000

> >Materialist sorcerers learn about the magical relationships between
> things and exploit this knowledge to work magic. Their heroquests reveal
> magical knowledge.
>
> Interesting. Could you say more on how you see that working?

I think it would might work in a similar way to Qabalism or European occult magic. The heroquests would reveal the states of mind necessery to unlock the power of magical incantations, gestures and rituals. For the most experienced practicioners, they might be able to perform the spells purely through an act of will, by calling the magical formulae and ritual actions to mind.

Some monotheist spells might be in the form of prayers, with the heroquest re-enacting the story of the saint that orriginated the prayer so that you 'discover it' for yourself.

Simon Hibbs