Re: Saints as an access to runes (like gods)

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_14QqmbVHm0Aqoe1X1Y1SflC8XTCSSwzd25J9C-hLSJVXpafCwv6L_D7vmCsIH-VL8Q_>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:43:12 -0000

"valkoharja":

> What is the current thinking on the saintly orders and liturgists. How
> does their magic differ from that of wizards and sorcerers?

I actually wrote an essay on this over the weekend, for inclusion in Heroes of Malkion (whatever the status of that may end up as being), and tested it out by showing it to a couple of non-Gloranthaphile friends. Of course, this essay would be my thinking, rather than Greg's, although I believe it fits with what I've discussed with Greg before. Either way, I don't want to post it here, because it's being submitted for publication.

But, in summary, all of this type of magic comes under the general heading of "something you know", and the spells themselves work in much the same way. The key difference is in how you approach them, whether by following the path of a saint or prophet, or by interacting with relatively impersonal forces and primal runes.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/