Re: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_hpkby5Q8C7J9eKcaE9UeXmT6OA6vSXjfFXMsNvqNmYxQeuWAnR8FjD7AEvviafOociA>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:35:12 -0400

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM, julianlord <julian.lord_at_viFiBoV3SmafiC0Ud1uWb0S9tdi8dlgmfwKvoUJAjoXXg8zytuNu-3_8jhMOFI4RY_5OZPVAgPg6QEH0ej4.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Simon :
>

> > > The Bible wasn't originally written in Latin. .....
> >
> > However because the Roman church was founded by Peter, the divinely
> appointed successor to Jesus, it is divinely protected from error (according
> to the doctrine of infalibility) and therefore it's Latin translation is
> even more divinely influenced and free from error than the earlier versions.
>
> This would be a __very__ conservative right-wing view, and probably
> out-of-date by about 100 years or so to boot.

I am assuming you don't live in the United States, Mr. Lord. This is fairly standard dogma among loads of current Protestant sects (admittedly conservative and right-wing for the most part). Actually, there are many who apply this to the King James Version, making that, in their minds, the definitive Bible. Translation issues are snares of the Devil, sir!

To drag this back to Glorantha, there is no reason various sects (venerating or sacrificing) can't feel the same way about their translation of the Abiding Book or any other scripture -- the One God fixed it this time, honest!

Peter Larsen