Re: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age

From: L C <lightcastle_at_qdxlNmNad6Jpd-h5HINI7w3B17EqJo1imCN5-0GSkn7TY29zAIE3nb1FRckCakaa>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 03:45:54 -0400

donald_at_1lm6WQNypsckppb_ndjHURrzXhtO7TnHrMS7qhHq6n69S6N1aikki54V31zwvpZjPN43SYkSMy0Wfyf3GuEf.yahoo.invalid wrote:

>I think the distinction between feats and affinities is a rules
>mechanic. A theist learns myths and when they know a myth well
>enough and can actually put themselves emotionally in the place
>of the god(dess) they can perform the actions of the god in the
>material world. Type 1 quests give you the basic knowledge while
>type 2 teach you to use it either personally or as a community.

Sounds like that is the case.

>An individual HQ will be either one or the other. You want a godi
>for a theistic HQ, a shaman for an animist. A PC could, I suppose,
>be both a godi and a shaman but that's going to be a weird PC.

See, that's one of those cases where I want the "most religions are mixed" to come to the fore.
I don't think you need a Shaman, just a spirit-talker, just like a Godi doesn't have to be a priest.
And the "otherworld talker" could handle both worlds (Assuming you believe in the 3 world distinction).
The Orlanthi keep them pretty separate, though.