Re: Saints as an access to runes (like gods)

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_KBj-4O7xQ-wO1lRZ7YhlfWWxuNEW4McTlvtgcxvEiLr5bpRJSppMfKCtNGzNRzloHqx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:29:10 -0000

For much longer than that Peter,

Wikipedia:
"An academy (Greek &#7944;&#954;&#945;&#948;&#951;&#956;&#943;&#945;) is an institution of higher learning, research, or honorary membership. The name traces back to Plato's school of philosophy, founded approximately 385 BC at Akademia, a sanctuary of Athena, the goddess of wisdom, north of Athens, Greece."

  ***

Still on the topic, I don't like the implications that the magicians of the west are limited to a bunch of narrowly defined spells, and that making new spells is terribly hard. It may be necessary for system reasons in HeroQuest 2, but I _like_ having wizards/sorcerers make their own spells and to be able to improvise some magic too.

  -Adept