Re: Hsunchen Was: Animist magic [was: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age]

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_WkLdYfFetKQPxVHUHpb-tuyd6N_VeQ6fAwZ3xueMuRTlJBwT8VEWdtJjQQhL1jpda24tr>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:01:47 -0000

A surprisingly large bit of discussion with Greg when I was writing the Pralori Homeland and religion in Trader Princes - making sure the first published Homeland involving hsunshen animism was done right was of some importance to him. I'll see about digging up the relevant posts. And it has been noted in the literature from Anaxial's Roster to Gods of Glorantha and further back. Being broken or split or separated and then recovering what was lost is very much the hsunchen motif. I don't think its merely "colour" but methodology.

Jeff