Re: Caste

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_5g2FzeYiqMKECUqFChR5Fi44I4UwzMTjiHW-Pgz8q7U_X_WJWqCbIlsPRkDTb8VNK8Y>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:48:40 -0000

> > Even among the Rokari, that's an accurate description of the
> > clergy. All
> > the senior and mid-ranking members of the clergy are wizards, of
> > course, and
> > have the best magic, but the bottom rung includes commoners,
> > knights, and nobles.
>

> No it doesn't.

We may be disagreeing about the meaning of the word 'clergy', here. You have said several times before that, among the Rokari, the leaders of religious services have to belong to the same caste as their congregation. Now, these low-ranking liturgists are not your full-blown sorcerer types (most of them can't even read - they just know a few blessings they've learned by rote), but they are 'clergy' in the sense in which I mean it.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/