Re: Great Hymn to...

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_KWk--y-CoLbyXLDtLYjeuXQ6YhWwAe-3AhJ94Fksur9W9d9rRsuGCyp2-a8GBikJdb>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:47:49 +1000

2009/7/14 Jeff Richard <richaje_at_snTEJfkpAwKSxkU6VJXORyhLOB6SKCfrJ6fK7acshK9r6uSarB-F3Fd4d1dddZsLphCRfoAhRDIu3w.yahoo.invalid>:
> Not to me - terms like "sole god" or "whilst thou wert alone" emphasize
> monotheism. Anyone who has seen the Gods Wall knows that Yelm is the god who
> rules the many. But I could imagine this as a paean to Idovanus.

"One who is like no other" might still work for Yelm. If only some of the nobility of Dara Happa were singly devoted enough to Yelm, but misguided enough to attempt other methods to "reach" him...

Part of of me thinks it'd be neat to have one of the "symptoms of baleful degrading Lunar influence on our proud culture" was speculative Yelmic mis-applied veneration in the Dara Happan Heartlands.

I think I might be an edition too late though... ;)

--
John Machin