Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_IwM_uZ9n_hgjSDvhvzCrFZncC3DS8Tt4U2Ee3nLjUhO0DdBA01kZs-x4G1jtybEvAN0V>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:27:27 -0000

> What happens with Lodril (and Veshkarthan), then? I see that in HQ2
> Lodril has the Earth rune. On older editions he had Earth and Fire,
> being that the explanation on volcanoes, Fire within Earth. I liked
> that explanation. What's the idea now?

Lodril is fundamentally an Earth god, not a Fire god. He has some limited Fire (or more precisely heat) powers (warming the earth, volcanoes, lava) but these come from the Earth. And he has no connection with the Sky (which technically is the name of the rune: Fire/Sky). Hence the Earth association and not Fire. I'd assume his cultists can use the Earth Rune to have limited control over Fire.

Jeff