Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_WRL4mr5nu_JbiZptay28lswF_gXWa6KcIjBhT2JXSrkD98h7lTHzIX8aw_kFA7VQp0yM>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 06:56:35 -0000

> There's a bit of a problem there. Under the new rules Ernalda "owns"
> the Earth Rune and can do anything that can be done with the Earth
> Rune. If Lodril's power over fire stems from the Earth Rune alone,
> Ernalda is able to duplicate it.

As a Narrator, I'd let an Ernaldan try to warm her fields as that logically stems from Earth. But if she said she wanted to spurt red-hot burning magma from the earth, I'd say that fails the credibility test.

The Veskarthan cult writeup should make that clear that they have a cult special ability to use the Earth Rune to have limited power over Fire. Just like Barntar subcultists have a cult special ability to use the Air Rune to have limited power over the Earth.

Jeff