Re: Runes of Turos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_nCB4dEdaLs1Wzo2zhDd04ebk5_HG7eGnxbCujMo9J9GhwHQJWZZhby-3PctiglZy9mP>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:33:16 +1200

Benedict Adamson wrote:

> The Entekosaid clearly
> distinguishes between dalu (earth) and tersu (heat).

A mythological tradition within the Entekosiad (the Fire Mountain) clearly distinguishes between the two. Yet another mythological tradition (the Deneron) views things differently and the two do not align.

> I believe the only reasonable reading of The Entekosaid has "Tersu" as
> the main rune of Turos, with Earth having secondary or no importance.

Turos's rune is a Mountain (Triangle) with a Dot in it. Lodril's rune is a square with a Dot in it. Yelm's Rune is a (radiant) Circle with a Dot in it. Shure shome connection?

Oria's rune is given as an upside down triangle with a vertical line through it in the only reference I can find. For the sky, that's the Moon Rune and I don't have an example of a vertically bisected earth rune _in_ Peloria.

--Peter Metcalfe