Re: Runes of Turos

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_dOPYMA_JFDDgMxFnE3IulWZcSZU1LvBf7LJj4gambDxe7vXeUMT9XlKMW1dY2YbQhhaLe0>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:34:25 +0100

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> Turos is described in Pelandan times as
> being the God of Power. There is a good rune for that (Force /\) which
> is used by Shargash. I'd also give him the Fire Rune with a third rune
> being perhaps Harmony to differentiate him from Lodril.

The Force rune seems to be about violence, so not quite right, I think. I think the equation Tersu = power = energy = Heat is the closest we can get with the God Learner runes.

As I've said before, I think Harmony is fundamental to The Jerontian Way. I think each of the High Gods has the Harmony rune, in at least one of their aspects.

For the remaining rune (3 seems to be the number for a major deity), my current thinking is the Movement/Change rune. That can cover industry, activity, shaping, and even lava (rock that moves).