Re: Sunstop and conception of Arkat

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_KxqyvqQrkPMpRF-qgVxA30a85jVH2h--T39GxXQxslKatxYHYhSeqGglccsqWbClK>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:49:06 -0700

YGWV On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_IH4XqzOsS7QZrSrL5gnz1meJu0PtvHyfdZZ8biz3CZhCeG9bEqt4ZnezxU6y4akSeSqTsaOEkWNIJNwOp9Iityc.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> Todd Gardiner :
> > Are you sure that Arkat was a mortal?

I am pretty sure of it.
a strange kind of mortality, perhaps.
look at the Arkat story (as we know it) as defining something, for the Westerners and Orlanthi, what it is to be a Malkioni or Orlanthi, by showing what NOT to do.

I think the devil is in the details here.

Yes, and what we do have is a primarily Orlanthi version here, constructed in part on the Seshnegi events.

> Mortals and Gods would be
> grouped in two groups of opposite qualities, pertaining to Arkat and
> Gbaji. But since Arkat rejected Gbaji as a false god it may be that
> he was not and that they were the same nature. But in the end, Gbaji
> still posed as a god

Not necessarily from his POV, or many of his people; but yes, so, from many of the hoi polloi.

> and Arkat as a human or troll.

and "posed" is an interestign word, loaded with connotations. I might say, "took the shape of."

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer