Re: Pelandan Natha runes

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_r83dXTs2rIWef82rXzGBxe1KzwFHdPQJNd2GEdrXbbo_29xo6xtSSx75Iqk57J4NXxzKvD>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:57:11 +0100

Kevin McDonald wrote:
> I don't
> see Death, though. What is your reasoning? That she is the Mother of
> Murder (Ratakar)?

ILH-2 gives her Death.

> she is socially destructive
> when she needs to be to balance Order/Harmony. It is interesting to me
> that she only seems active when she is balancing something good.

Because the Pelandans are a bunch of do-gooders, who need balancing with bad things?

Despite the asymmetry in Her actions, the Entekosiad does not portray Her has being an enemy or evil goddess.

> I think Ratakar is more general that that. I looked at the myth of
> Gartemirus and Natha and inserted known gods for Natha's creations:
> Natha makes war [Daxdarius] and Gartemirus makes peace; Natha makes
> murder [Ratakar], Gartemirus makes laws; Natha makes suicide [X],
> Gartemirus makes (social) morality; Natha makes personal morality
> ("Thistle the tribe, care for yourself") [Daak], and that's the end.

Daak has no morality at all. "personal morality" could be adhering to a personal code, rather than a socially imposed code. I like the idea of Natha being the Pelandan goddess of autonomy, including suicide.

> While I am on page 60 of Entekosiad (curse you again, Benedict!) I see
> we don't have Ekus, the Wild Man.

I believe he's just a foil for Gartemirus.